Mickey Arthur says ‘disappointed and hurt’ after being removed by PCB

248

KARACHI: Former Pakistan cricket coach Mickey Arthur said on Wednesday that he was “disappointed and hurt” after being removed from the post by the PCB.

Arthur, who has been linked with a move to England, said he had done his best with Pakistan who narrowly failed to reach the World Cup semi-finals.

“I am extremely disappointed and hurt,” the South African told AFP shortly after the Pakistan Cricket Board announced his departure.

“I did my wholehearted effort to lift Pakistan cricket,” he added.

Arthur´s contract expired after last month´s World Cup, won by hosts England, and he had asked for a two-year extension.

But Pakistan Cricket Board chief Ehsan Mani said Arthur and his coaching staff, including assistants Grant Flower and Azhar Mahmood, were all out.

“PCB will be immediately undertaking a robust recruitment process after it decided not to renew the contracts of head coach Arthur, bowling coach Azhar Mahmood, batting coach Grant Flower and trainer Grant Luden,” the board said in a statement.