I will do everything to facilitate students, assures Shafqat Mahmood

498

Islamabad: Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood on Friday assured the students  to do everything to facilitate them. 

In a message posted on Twitter, he said that the decision of cancelling all board exams had been taken for the safety of students.

Addressing to the media earlier on Thursday, Mahmood said that board examinations for class 9-12 had been cancelled in the wake of coronavirus pandemic in the country.

He added that the students would be promoted to next classes on the basis of their previous years’ results.

On Thursday, the All Pakistan Private Schools Federation (APPSF) had rejected the federal government’s decision of closing the educational institutions untill July 15.

APPSF President Kashif Mirza, in a statement, had said that economic murder of private schools was being committed. He said that the salaries of teaching and non-teaching staff are fixed and 90 per cent of the schools are running in rented buildings.

Mirza urged the government to announce reopening of schools from June 1 after issuing the standard operating procedures or else we would open our schools.

The National Coordination Committee (NCC) chaired by the prime minister had decided not to open schools before July 15. The decision will be reviewed on June 1.