PESHAWAR: Seven people including two women of same family received burn injuries when a gas cylinder exploded in Bhana Mari Khattak Colony here on Saturday morning.
According to family sources, Hassan Noor’s wife was preparing breakfast when gas cylinder exploded with a bang. Following the blast fire broke out in the kitchen. Due to the blast and subsequent fire, seven people including two women and two children received severe burn injuries.
The injured were shifted to a local hospital where the condition of two of them was stated to be critical. The head of the family said that due to unannounced gas load shedding, gas cylinder was being used for cooking food which exploded.