Two PTI MNAs arrested in Sindh House attack case


ISLAMABAD: Two members of National Assembly of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) have been arrested in connection with the cancellation of bail in Sindh House attack case.

Islamabad High Court Judge Justice Tariq Mehmood Jahangir heard the Sindh House attack case in which counsel Raja Nazir appeared on behalf of petitioner Jamal Mandokhel and sought cancellation of bail of the accused while Faisal Siddiqui Advocate appeared on behalf of the accused and gave arguments in favour of the accused.

The court, after hearing the arguments of the parties, canceled the interim bail of PTI MNAs Ataullah and Fahim Khan.

Police arrested two PTI MNAs from outside the courtroom after the court canceled their bail.

Last month, two National Assembly members of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) alongwith activists stormed the Sindh House after breaking main gate.

The PTI activists led by National Assembly members Faheem Khan and Ataullah stormed Sindh House in the Red Zone.

Also Read:

Govt should end political crisis by announcing early elections: TLP chief Saad Rizvi

Three ministers have left PTI: Ramesh Kumar

The PTI workers smashed the door of Sindh House and entered the premises.

PTI workers protested inside Sindh House and chanted slogans. Meanwhile, Sindh Police stationed at Sindh House remained helpless in front of PTI workers.

A contingent of Islamabad police also reached Sindh House but this contingent also failed to stop the PTI workers.

The Islamabad Police arrested the members of the National Assembly and 12 workers and transferred to Secretariat, where the Prime Minister’s Special Assistant Shahbaz Gill took the MNAs and the activists with him.

The PTI MNAs and workers, earlier, had reached outside the Sindh House in the red zone where they had protested.

Exchange of harsh words took place between Islamabad police and PTI workers. Later, the protesters dispersed.

Talking to Geo News, Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed said that the incident at Sindh House was regrettable and condemned it.

He termed the incident as illegal. He said that the protesters were taken out of the Sindh House. The real problem is March 27 but it has already before that. It is a disturbing situation, it should not have happened, apparently the situation is going in another direction.